Public health / Learning and training
Health is made at home, hospitals are for repairs – mutual learning between Africa and Europe
By Andrew Sansom | 17 Dec 2020 | 0
The saying "Health is made at home, hospitals are for repairs" comes from Professor Francis Omaswa when he was running Uganda's clinical services.
- Professor Francis Omaswa, executive, African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation
- Professor Abigail Kazembe, associate professor in midwifery, Kamuzu College of Nursing
- Professor Miriam K Were, chairman, Kenya’s National AIDS Control Council
- Heather Henry, Queen’s Nurse; founder, BreathChamps; project manager, Salford Dadz
- Prof Ged Byrne, founder-director, Uganda-UK Healthcare Alliance; director of global engagement, Health Education England
- Lord Nigel Crisp, independent crossbench member, House of Lords; former CEO of the NHS in England, 2000-2006
Previous webinars in the 'Building a healthy and health-creating society' series can be found here.